Thursday, March 1, 2012

I Was Quoted In The Paper Today

I was not quoted but was paraphrased in the Journal-Topics today, although I didn't know I was going to be. Tom Robb, a reporter I've dealt with for years, called and asked about the Tenth Dems 10th District-Wide Convention that we are holding on Sunday.
Link
Here are my paraphrases:

Sunday’s Democratic convention from 2 to 4 p.m. is open to all but only 10th Dist. Democrat members will be able to vote in the event’s "straw poll", an informal vote for their favorite Congressional candidate, said Paul Kelly, a spokesman for the 10th Dems.

Kelly said he is finalizing a list of Congressional candidates and others running for state, county and other positions. He expects all four of the Congressional candidates––Brad Schneider, Ilya Sheyman, John Tree and Vivek Bavda––to attend.

Each of the Congressional candidates would be given about three minutes to address the convention before the straw poll, Kelly said. Candidates running for other offices will speak but will not be included in the straw poll.


So there you have it. I hope you can make it up to the convention. It will be a great time.

pk

No comments:

Post a Comment