Friday, July 29, 2011

Movies I Would Wait On but Am Seeing Tonight

Cowboys & Aliens is a movie that I really don't want to pay any sort of money to see in the theater, but it looks like we are going to see that tonight. It sounds to me like a couple of film majors were sitting around their dorm room at UCLA smokin' a little rope and coming up with storylines while "inspired."

"I'm sick of cowboys and indians, dude. Why not ... why not ... (heh) ... why not cowboys and Egyptians? No, wait. Why not cowboys and Amazons? Huh? (heh) Why not ... cowboys and ALIENS??? THAT'S IT!"

It's sad to me that my lovely and talented (and did I mention "lovely") wife has no problem going to see a movie like this, but "True Grit" is radioactive to her because it is a Western and not a spoof ... or whatever the hell this is.

Ebert did give it three stars. So there is a little hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment