Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Mike Brown is Renamed Mickhail

Mike Brown is called second worst owner in the NFL by Michael Silver. Only Al Davis was called worse. I don't know ... the record seems fairly clear. But, that's tough. Well, I like Marvin. And I hope that he is the one calling the shots. As I watch Hard Knocks, I am not sure.

Here is some of the Silver article:
[Brown's] the 21st century’s answer to a Communist Party bigwig in the Soviet Union’s heyday – gaming a system steeped in shared revenues for his own benefit while setting new standards among his peers for brazen laziness.

When Saints owner Tom Benson asked for a waiver on club-seat revenues to help fund improvements at the Superdome – part of an admirable transformation that has pushed him away from his usual spot at or near the bottom of these rankings – Brown was the lone Grinch in the meeting room. “It’s a great American story, Tom Benson defying the skeptics and keeping the Saints in New Orleans, and [expletive] Mike Brown speaks out against it,” the same owner says. “Meanwhile, the guy has the best stadium deal ever. It was completely built for him and he has no operating expenses. He probably makes more money than any of us.”
I don't know. I know there are quite a few Mike Brown haters out there. Silver doesn't do him any favors. But Brown doesn't seem that terrible to me. He's just overly frugal, to me, in a small shopowner sort of way.

Btw: I love/hate the whole Hard Knocks thing with the Bengals.

thankyouverymuch,

pau1ke11y

No comments:

Post a Comment